Monday, February 05, 2007

"for my sake you will appear before councils"

Well, we had our church AVM meeting today, and after a six month absence from being on a council, I was elected not only to Parish Council, but also as a parish nominator.

Given the many gifted people at our church, especially on parish council, I am quite daunted by my presence on the council. And hopefully, my role as nominator will be quite uneventful. And yet, I am in agreement with this post, and think that there is scope for the nominators to do more work then the present rate. Particularly if we want to build the trust between staff and laity, it would be beneficial to see the nominators consulted more often. And if we are serious about a every-ligament,
partnership model of ministry, then that seems to me to be the way to go.
What do you think?

20 points for naming which church this picture is taken in.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm pretty sure it's St Stephens in Newtown, where Matt and Jess got married...

*waves flag*

Moffitt the Prophet said...

Not St. Stephen's, but right area Alicia.

spally said...

is it st John's in Glebe??

Moffitt the Prophet said...

Yes it is St John's Glebe. I'm glad you got it after nagging me for minutes.

Michael Canaris said...

Congrats, Moffo!