Thursday, January 18, 2007

Andrew Robinson in South Africa


My friend Andrew flies out to South Africa today to work for a year with a church in Johannesburg. Here is his first email update (from 17/1/07).

I'm actually leaving.

Well, I leave tomorrow. Crazy.

There's been weeks of farewells and rumours of farewells, but tomorrow I'm actually getting on a plane bound for Johannesburg, South Africa.

This is the first of my "Update" emails: I'll send them out monthly: maybe more if you're all lucky or something particularly exciting happens!

Some of you on this list have chosen to be here: others haven't. For those who don't know, I'll be spending 2007 in Johannesburg undertaking the Ministry Apprenticeship Program at Melville Union Church.

If you'd rather not hear from me - (for whatever reason, don't worry), just hit Reply and stick the word "unsubscribe" in your subject line.

The long-promised Blog will be online soon,, I'll let you know the address as soon as it's presentable. I'll be updating the blog regularly: there'll be loads of pictures on there and maybe even some videos. You'll be able to comment on my posts and so on and so forth.

So stay tuned for that.

If you're keen to see me off at the Airport tomorrow, we'll be meeting at the giant mosaic frog on the Departures level at Sydney Airport at about 12.30pm.

And talk amongst yourselves about this email: if you find people who aren't getting it, get them to drop me a line, or subscribe at swac.org.au/andrew.

Hope you're all well,

Andrew Robinson


prayer

Cheers God for the South African High Commission: I finally got my visa after much stress and unfair grumbling on my part.

Pray for my family, Mum, Dad and Marty: after almost 22 years of me in residence, things will be a bit quieter around home.

Pray for safety on the flight, and in getting to my new Jo'burg home.

Pray for my new housemates and me, that God'll be preparing us all for domestic harmony. Or at least good conflict resolution.

contact

When I get there I'll let you know if Skype will be a possibility, but in the meantime there's mighty email.

andrew.robinson -at- swac.org.au

Drop me a line if you'd like to chat via MSN!

No comments: