Sunday, December 31, 2006

On the Seventh Day of Christmas


Well, I had the joy of meeting God's people at All Souls Leichardt this morning and heard a relevant and stimulating intro sermon by Tim Foster on Globalisation. The churches website describes the series as follows:

The Ethics of Globalisation
. Globalisation provokes the most significant, far reaching and complex ethical issues of our time. Our decisions, choices and votes touch the lives of thousands of people in the "two-thirds" world. But are these choices helping them or harming them? And what about other consequences of globalisation, like environmental decay and terrorism? How can we need to change our behaviour to promote justice and protect the environment?

31 Dec 06

Global Economy

7 Jan 07

Global Village

14 Jan 07

Global Terror

21 Jan 07

Global Warming

28 Jan 07

Global Scarcity


I could say more but suffice it to say that I'm looking forward to downloading the series here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tsk tsk tsk, getting there before I could, naughty boy.

byron said...

Since I'll be preaching #5 (deo volente), I'd love to hear any ideas on scarcity and consumerism. Glad you enjoyed the service - what prompted the visit?

Moffitt the Prophet said...

I'll get Alison on to you, she studies that at uni.

I walked her to work that morning and then had nothing to do, so I went along. Also been a St. John's boy, and having heard lots about Tim Foster (and seen him perform at Synod) I was interested to check it out.

Oh yeah, one of my best friends has been asked to be a catechist there too this year