Friday, December 01, 2006

Light of the World

Well, last weekend Alison's sister was performing in the School Spectacular, and so I was treated to my first ever school spec experience. For those, like me, who don't know, the school spec is an "inspirational performing arts showcase" with 3,000 performers from NSW public schools. Running since 1984, the School Spec exists to show that anything private schools can do, state schools can do better. "The theme of this year’s show – SHINE – will take audiences on an exhilarating journey that depicts the very soul of Australia."

Of note from the whole event were the free t-shirts provided to the students by bonds. On them went something like "teachers...lighting the world." This, I think, has very little to do with any NSW teachers ability at electricity. I think I know what they are trying to....and the funny thing is that said something similar:
"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Well, I guess they did call him rabbi (teacher)...

No comments: